GSR is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel to join our global organisation on a full-time basis.
GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will be instrumental in facilitating the growth of our business across the US and international jurisdictions, working closely with the company leadership and Business Development team. You will be based in New York or San Francisco and will report to our COO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters, including regulatory, operational, and employment issues to support the firm’s growth and international business strategy.
- Managing the regulatory coverage for the firm’s global trading activities, liaising with regulators, exchanges, and trading counterparties in multiple regions.
- Supporting the Business Development team by advising on customer deals, including drafting templates and customised agreements on an ad-hoc basis.
- Working closely with the Business Development team in customer on-boarding, providing guidance on securities law and regulations (Howey Test).
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, ensuring compliance with jurisdictional labor laws and regulations.
- Providing legal counsel around matters of intellectual property, software licenses, and operational policies and procedures.
- Liaising with external legal counsel to obtain guidance and reach resolution on highly specialised legal matters.
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school
- 5+ years Post Qualification Experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department in the financial services industry is required
- Understanding of securities and derivatives law, with experience drafting and negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and options-based agreements
- Experience with a variety of asset classes (e.g., credit derivatives, interest rate swaps, FX), with crypto-currency markets experience a plus
- Strong commercial awareness with good negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders
GSR is a fast-growing programmatic trading company in the exciting world of cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, we are one of the first established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with offices in the UK, Switzerland, Spain, and Singapore.
Email us at email@example.com