GSR is looking for a US-based Middle Office Associate to join our global trading operations team on a full-time basis.
GSR is a leading market making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will help to ensure best-in-class trading operations and accounting for our global franchise. You will report to the Director of Trading Operations and work during US hours with a willingness to travel if necessary.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the day-to-day accuracy and reconciliation of trade entries, including investigating and resolution of any discrepancies
- Maintain daily and monthly P&L and risk accounting and update daily market settles, including for options and other derivative products
- Perform monthly reconciliation of key accounts, coordinating with the finance team to ensure consistency with general ledger accounting.
- Work with the trading and operations support teams to resolve operational and booking issues.
- Collaborate with the technology team to continuously improve and automate our P&L and risk reporting and accounting systems.
- Participate in the maintenance of the documentation around key operational processes and procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
- Must possess a deep understanding of P&L calculations on a wide spectrum of derivative products including exposure to structured products
- At least 5 years experience in a middle office product controlling, trading operations or trade accounting role at a bank or proprietary trading firm
- Strong academic background within a relevant subject (e.g. Finance) with an excellent understanding of financial products
- Practical understanding of derivatives and option greeks, credit, and margin concepts
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets
- Must be a disciplined self-starter with a significant degree of analytical rigour and attention to detail.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness are key success factors for the role. Ability to work autonomously and/or remotely.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, Excel/VBA is desirable
GSR is a fast-growing programmatic trading company in the exciting world of cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, we are one of the first established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with staff located in the UK, Switzerland, Spain, and Singapore.
Send your CV along with a brief description of your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org