GSR is looking for a Quantitative Trader to join our global trading team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading.
You will help to shape and build the cutting-edge strategies and tools used for real-time programmatic trading including market making, risk management, and proprietary trading strategies. You will be based in the USA and work US working hours with the ability to travel as required. You will report to our VP, Programmatic Trading based in Europe.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will be:
- Develop the algorithms and analytical models used for market making and proprietary trading of cryptocurrencies.
- Work with the technology team in developing code, testing, and writing technical documentation for the models.
- Work closely with other members of the trading team in developing new trading strategies and monitoring trading activities to ensure efficacy of models
- Continually improve trading processes and provide day-to-day support for client portfolios
- Support the firm’s trading and operations across all client accounts
- At least 2 years’ experience in a front-office quant trade at a bank or proprietary trading firm (HFT / MFT).
- Experience in developing algorithmic trading tools is essential
- Experience in trading options is essential
- Experience in managing and mining financial market data
- Experience with Python (Pandas, Numpty) and familiarity with unit-tests, version control, and pull-releases Demonstrable excellence in working on a codebase (C++, Python)
- Experience in microstructure, optimisation (including machine learning), and market making strategies on an automated basis
- Excellent and proven communicator within a team
- Strong academic background within a quantitative subject (e.g. Financial Engineering, Applied
- Mathematics) with an excellent understanding of mathematical finance
- Experience with crypto exchange API’s desirable
- Must be a resilient and disciplined self-starter with a significant degree of analytical rigour and attention to detail.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness are key success factors for the role. Ability to work autonomously and/or remotely.
Founded in 2013, we are one of the first established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with staff located in Asia, Europe and the US.
Email us at email@example.com