GSR is looking for an Intern to join our Quantitative Trading team on a part-time basis. GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will help to shape and build the cutting-edge strategies and tools used for real-time programmatic trading including market making, risk management, and proprietary trading strategies. We are currently searching for Interns for both the spring (March — June 2020) and summer (June — August 2020).
Our internship opportunities provide:
- A chance to apply your academic learnings to real-world problems, developing a deeper understanding of the tools applied to quantitative trading in the cryptocurrency markets
- Close mentorship from a team of seasoned quantitative traders and researchers
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a quantitative research project independently or in conjunction with the rest of the Quantitative Trading team. Project will focus on the development of algorithms and analytical models used for trading cryptocurrencies. You will work with the Head of Quantitative Trading to select your research project, balancing your interests with the ﬁrm’s commercial needs.
- Supporting the implementation of the research project, including developing related code and technical documentation.
- Collaborating with all members of the GSR family where needed, including business development, trading and platform development teams, to continually improve our proprietary trading platform.
- Undergraduate or masters student within a quantitative subject (e.g. Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science) with excellent understanding of mathematical ﬁnance
- Solid programming skills, with experience with Python, R, C++, Linux and/or Java
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency and traditional financial markets
- Comfortable communicating within a fast-paced trading environment
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously
GSR is a fast-growing programmatic trading company in the exciting world of cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, we are one of the ﬁrst established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with staff located in the UK, Switzerland, Spain, and Hong Kong.
To apply for this role, please send your CV (in English) along with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org