Software Engineer - Exchange Connectivity
Title: Software Engineer – Exchange Connectivity
Founded in 2013, GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. With more than 250 employees in 5 countries, we provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 30 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, and Citadel, among others, has developed one of the world’s most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
About the role:
You will help to shape and build cutting-edge tools, plus support a real-time global 24/7 Market Making programmatic trading platform.
Our Software Engineers are involved in everything from product development to production support and work closely with the business teams to develop the firm’s service offering. Split into teams that focus on GUI Development, Data, Exchange connectivity, Front, Middle and Back Office Development, Prop trading and DeFi.
The role responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and work with the development team to build applications for the low latency cryptocurrency trading platform.
- Take sole ownership of complex exchange connectivity projects.
- Deliver high-quality code at a fast pace as well as writing technical documentation for other team members to understand.
- Support and deliver multiple releases in production each day.
- Work to ensure high performance, security, and scalability of the trading applications.
- Participate in product design, implementation, and quality assurance.
- Provide ad-hoc technical support to the trading, business development, and operational teams.
Who we are looking for:
You will be a disciplined self-starter with a high degree of motivation, analytical rigour and attention to detail. A passion for communication and critical thinking.
- Around 3 to 8 years experience in a low latency related field or role
- At least 1 year experience of working with crypto exchanges and with related exchange APIs
- Understanding of how market data pricing, order flow, various protocols work and how to optimise for best latency and execution
- Knowledge of SBE
- Strong programming skills: Java 16
- Experience in using grafana to monitor various metrics as well analyzing data to improve the trading platform further
- Experience of using SQL databases
- Ability to tune hardware (CPU isolation and affinity, Kernel level optimisations, JVM etc)
- Experience in using linux, git
- Fluent communication in written and spoken English
- Strong interest in the cryptocurrency market
Nice to have:
- Strong programming skills in other languages: C++, Python
- Experience of using databases (Influx, Mongo, etc)
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Docker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
What we offer:
- A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance.
- Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus payments a year.
- Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
- Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, the US, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
- Regular Town Halls and offsites, team lunches and drinks.
- A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
- Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. To apply, please contact email@example.com.