Tailor-made options strategies for crypto-native firms.
Crypto options trading is fast becoming a powerful tool for managing risk and volatility. Custom-built swaps and options strategies provide an effective solution for many in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, laying the foundation for corporate risk management.
Crypto Options Trading
Strategies can be uniquely configured by adjusting strike prices, maturities and quantities to achieve the desired payoff profile objectives. Custom-built swaps and options strategies provide a better match than listed products on exchanges for many in the digital asset ecosystem, the single-day expiration date of these products means traders need to deal with the volatility of the expiry day, which could be prone to emotional sentiment or other non-economic factors. A single-day hedge is likely too short in duration for crypto native institutions to properly protect the value of their outputs or market exposure.
- Corporate entities prefer to trade options that are specifically built for them
- Put and call options can be bought or sold through GSR and margined & settled in either fiat or crypto
- Trade Swaps: Swaps allow traders to sell short their crypto, benefiting from negative price moves and hedging their inventory
- Trade Protective Puts: Protective Puts are ideal for traders who want limited downside price exposure, but still want full exposure to any upside price movements
- Combination Option Strategies: Risk Reversals combine Protective Puts and Call Overwrites to provide traders with limited downside exposure and retained upside exposure at low cost or even a premium to the trader
- Trade Call Overwrites: Selling high strike Calls yields the option’s premium from the sale as a payment to the counterpart
- Dedicated Account Manager
“The GSR team is made up of highly sophisticated traders and engineers whose products and technology are playing a central role in the rapidly-evolving crypto derivatives market."Boris BilowitzkiPartner & Head of Sales, Copper.co